Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Siargao Adventure: The Caves and the Jump!

Im not really into caves. Aside from being afraid of dark, Im also not comfortable staying long at enclosed areas. I cant breathe easy whenever Im in a cramped and closed spaces. But Im astounded the first time I entered a cave in 2010, the Underground River of Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan. When I saw it, I was like a child again non-stop of wow's and awe. Then I thought with that kind of exquisiteness I cannot afford not to see another one. This story is about my second cave exploration happened in Sohoton Cove's Mangkukuob ang Hagukan Cave.



We entered this underground passage.


On our way to the first cave we saw this symbolic landmark that looks like a horse shoe.


We entered Hagukan cave first. According to our guide, it was called Hagukan for whenever the wave reaches the opening of the cave it produces a snoring sound. Hagukan comes from the bisayan word haguk which means "to snore".



It has a very low entrance, that we have to submerged to the water from the neck down in order to enter. Im a bit nervous while entering because it's dark and the water was kinda deep though we had our life vest. I had to hold on to Zai. I have problems on stroking my feet under water. I really need swimming lessons. Anyone who can teach me, please?



Im a little freaked out when the water was abruptly changing temperature. It was cold and then suddenly it becomes warm and then cold and then warm again.



We stepped on a stone that elevated us waist high from the water.


Our next stop was the Mangkukuob Cave.



Our guide told us that when we enter the cave the only way out was to jump off the rock face, which later on we discovered was just a trick just so we can have the best of this adventure, well thanks to them anyway. I was really hesitant to go, even more when I saw how high the platform was. If I estimated it right, it was roughly 15-feet high and I didnt even know how to swim! Isnt that frantic?! Everybody was off the boat except me. I told them I'll just wait for them on the boat. I know myself well and Im definite that I cant do that. But Zai, Arvin, Empi and Joanne didnt stop until I go and yeah I got convinced by them and thought sayang naman ang binyahe ko ng isang buong araw kung hindi ko masusulit ang adventure. "Kaya ko to!"



We saw this little bats inside the cave.


Climbing up the cave to the jumping exit.

Then we reached the platform.


My heart was beating so fast that time. Parang may something na sa tummy ko that wanted to come out. Arvin, who told us he cant swim but really can, jumped first.



Followed by Zai, then Empi. Next in line was sis Joanne. It took some time for her to jump, well actually she didnt jumped she was pushed by our tour guide which she said she really needed that push or else she would have stayed all day long on the platform.



Dahil sa tagal ni sis Joanne tumalon lalo akong kinakabahan. So I told her na mauuna na ko tumalon. "Wag!" she shouted. She doesnt want to be the last one to jump. Then I thought she will jump na pero hindi pa rin until manong tour guide pushed her na that made her wanted to kill him after haha!

My turn! Lahat na naisip ko, nakapagdasal na rin ako. "Lord help me", ganyan. One tour guide was left with me. He was holding my hand as if he wanted to push me too. But I told him, "wag mo kong hawakan kuya, kaya kong tumalon mag-isa!" haha! After 3 sets of counting 1 to 3, I jumped!

For me, it was breathtaking, dare devil stunt I ever did in my entire life, so far. "Thank you Lord", I whispered when Im afloat. Aside from having a tiny cut in my nose and feeling so frail after the jump, I never felt so much fine and relieved.

Too bad we dont have photos of our jump, maybe it means we need to come back.

I hope hindi kayo na-bored sa kwento ko about my adventure in Siargao cause there's two more story to go. The highlight of these trip and my favorite part, surfing and hopping the three lovely islands. Thank you for reading and commenting on my previous posts. It was so much appreciated!    



♥ ♥ ♥

Congratulations PBOers for the success of the First PBO Bazaar for a Cause happened last February 24 in Pasig. Story here. Keep following our facebook page and twitter for the updates of our next outreach project, happening soon. Thank you.


30 comments:

  1. I love this post...

    Sobrang inviting to do cave adventure. Just like you, Hindi ko rin gusto pero parang sobrang enjoy kayo eh...

    Hindi ko kaya yung last part na may jumping portion ha!

    Ikaw na best in english!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks senyor.. kaya mo rin yun.. pag andun kana kakayanin mo hahaha!

      Delete
  2. WOw, damang dama ko dito ang excitement. Basta mga ganitong kweba-kweba ay gusto ko. Lol, taong kweba yata ako 'nun past life ko. Pero anganda kasi ng mga crystal formation, and yung jumping moment ninyo sa last part, baka ako din ang unang lumundag diyan sa tuwa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! nakaka-amaze yung mga crystal formation sa loob ng cave.. feeling ko nga mas ok maunang tumalon eh..mas nakakakaba kasi pag nahuli ka na...

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun in your cave adventure, this one, I have yet to experience.

    Matatakot din siguro ako if I had to jump from that ledge. It looks pretty high to me and though I can swim I don't go to deep waters. So this might have been one hell of an experience for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was really high!.. kaya ako mas natakot kasi hindi ako marunong lumangoy..ang dami kong naisip na pwedeng mangyari haha.. buti na lang talaga kinaya ko!

      Delete
  4. wow ang saya naman dyan! haha, kala mo di kasama no? :)

    in fernes nakakatakot ang jump natin from the platform. duwag na duwag ako, inunahan ko na lang ang takot ko kasi nakakahiya mag iiyak ako, ang daming tao! haha :)


    sana alis tayo ulit no? ang saya saya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in fairness hindi halata na natakot ka rin pala haha.. tingin ko nga ang tapang tapang mo kasi sumunod ka agad tumalon kay Arvin eh hehe..

      ang saya saya talaga..im looking forward sa next trip naten!

      Delete
  5. ang ganda naman po sa Siargao! Mom always wanna visit pretty places in the Philippines, I'm sure this was on her list! :) I wanna see the caves personally too! :)

    Myxilog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go with your mom when she visits Siargao.. it was really a beautiful place :)

      Delete
  6. Wow ang ganda naman diyan sa cave, yan pla ang nasali sa world wonders kahit manlang sa poctures makita ko hehehe.
    Ay! Ayoko naman ytang tumalon kung walang mantutulak sa akin hehehe.
    Ang seksi mo sistah, analo ang likod shots habang umaakyat palabas sa cave:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hindi yan yung nasali sa world wonders sis.. yung underground yun sa palawan.. though maganda rin yung mga caves jan sa Siargao.. mas maganda pa rin yung palawan underground ;)

      Delete
  7. How on earth are you actually taking pictures? water proof ba cameras niyo? lakas ng loob niyo ha.. di ko isasama si Moy pag ganyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at sino naman si Moy?... yung tour guide namen galing kumuha kahit hindi water proof yung camera kering keri nila dalhin sa tubig ng hindi nababasa...

      Delete
  8. Whew, another extreme adventure added to your list sis! Saya ng bonding nyo, first bloggers trip ba to? Saludo ako sa inyo, ang tatag nyo hehe. For sure, after ng trip na to mas naging close pa kayo sa isa't isa, thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep.. first out of town ko na kasama ang mga blogger friends.. hopefully sa susunod sis kasama ka na ;)

      Delete
  9. exciting yung pagtalon sa tubig. wheee... :)

    naisip ko lang buti hindi nagising yung mga bats sa cave. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exciting pero pag andun ka na nakakatakot na! uu nga buti talaga hindi sila hysterical haha!

      Delete
  10. i love it. namimiss ko na ang mga tubig moments ko..yung snorkeling set ko inaamag na..haha.. sana mkapunta din ako ng siargao :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading your adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. korek! kahit madilim..kita yung ilalim ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dapat si empi yung unang tatalon e. Napilitan tuloy ako. Namiss ko kayo bigla. hehe. Di ko malilimutan to :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hindi nakaka bored sis. feeling ko nga kulang pa. marami ka dapat na share. kasi kulang na kulang ang iilang post sa moments na dala dala mo galing siagao at surigao.

    kakaloka naman yung dindaya ka ng tour guide para lang ma experience mo yung best adventure. lels.pero cool din yun ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. how many days were you staying in Siargao? can we do all the stuff that you did for 3 days and 2 nights. hope you will reply. thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. do they have Sun Cellular cellphone signal in Siargao? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to try surfing that is why Siargao is one of top priority travel list
    Siargao

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...